How to Claim Third Party Insurance in India?
To claim third party insurance in India, follow these steps:
- Contact the police: In case of an accident, the first step is to contact the police and file an FIR. The police report serves as proof of the accident and the damages caused.
- Collect evidence: Collect evidence of the accident, including photographs of the damages, eyewitness statements, and any other relevant information.
- Contact the insurer: Contact the insurance company and inform them about the accident and the damages caused. The insurance company will provide guidance on the next steps.
- Fill the claim form: Fill the third-party claim form provided by the insurance company. The claim form will require you to provide details of the accident, your insurance policy details, and other relevant information.
- Submit the claim form: Submit the claim form along with the required documents to the insurance company. The required documents include a copy of the FIR, the vehicle registration certificate, the driving license, and the insurance policy.
- Survey and assessment: The insurance company will appoint a surveyor to assess the damages and estimate the cost of repairs. The surveyor will evaluate the damages caused to the third party and provide a report to the insurance company.
- Settlement: The insurance company will settle the claim based on the surveyor’s report and the policy terms and conditions. The settlement amount will be paid to the third-party or their legal representative.
It is important to note that third-party insurance claims in India have some limitations. Third-party insurance provides coverage only for damage caused to a third-party in case of an accident. It does not cover the loss or damage to the vehicle or the policyholder.
claiming third-party insurance in India involves a lengthy process that requires the policyholder to provide several documents and undergo an assessment of damages by a surveyor. It is important to choose the right insurance policy that meets your requirements and provides adequate coverage. It is also important to follow the right process and provide all the necessary documents to ensure a smooth claim settlement process.