To find bike insurance details by registration number in India, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the website of the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) – https://iib.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘Know Your Insurance Policy’ option from the menu on the homepage.
- On the next page, select ‘Motor’ as the policy type.
- Enter the bike’s registration number in the ‘Vehicle Registration Number’ field.
- Enter the security code displayed on the screen and click on the ‘Search’ button.
- If the registration number matches with any policy details in their database, the IIB will show you the details of the policy.
Alternatively, you can also visit the website of the insurance company that you believe has insured the bike and search for the policy details or policy status option. Enter the bike’s registration number in the appropriate field to find the insurance details.
Note that you will only be able to access the policy details if the insurance policy is active and the bike has been insured with that particular insurer. If the policy has expired, you may not be able to access the details. Also, you can only find the insurance details of the bike if it is insured in India.